Collie Tourism Directory
Tours and Adventures
Showing 1 Categories
Do you like the Tourism Industry in Collie?
Collie is a charming little town in Western Australia that is situated near the south-west corner of the state. It is a popular tourist destination due to its pristine natural beauty, rich cultural heritage, and hospitable locals. The town offers various exciting activities and beautiful sights that will leave you mesmerized. Below is a list of tourist attractions in and around Collie.
1. Collie Railway Station Museum - The museum is a tastefully restored railway station from the early 1900s and displays exhibits that illustrate the development of the railway in Western Australia. Address: 4 Forrest St, Collie WA 6225, Australia. Contact: (08) 9734 2051.
2. Collie Heritage and Visitor Centre - Visitors can look up the history of the town, local attractions, and walks, as well as how to get to different locations in the region. Address: 156 Throssell St, Collie WA 6225, Australia. Contact: (08) 9734 2051.
1. The Black Diamond Lake - The lake is situated just 5km south of Collie and offers an array of recreational activities such as boating, fishing, and swimming. Address: Ferguson Road, Mungalup WA 6225, Australia. Contact: (08) 9734 4116.
2. Wellington National Park - The park boasts beautiful streams and rivers, tranquil waterfalls, and breathtaking mountain vistas. It is an ideal location for camping, hiking, picnicking, and sightseeing. Address: Wellington Dam Rd, Dardanup WA 6236, Australia. Contact: (08) 9725 4300.
3. Collie River Valley Trail - A picturesque 11km walk/cycle trail that starts in the town centre and ends at the picturesque Minninup Pool. It showcases stunning views of the Collie River and its surrounding flora and fauna.
4. Crooked Brook Forest - The forest is a natural wonderland of tall trees, ferns, and birdlife. It's an excellent venue for bushwalks, picnics, and birdwatching.
5. Harris River Estate Vineyard and Cellar Door - This is an excellent destination for wine lovers. The estate has a lush vineyard, and visitors are given the opportunity to taste premium wines while enjoying the scenic beauty of the surrounding rolling hills. Address: 738 Harris River Rd, Collie WA 6225, Australia. Contact: (08) 9734 4068.
Food and Drink:
1. Federal Hotel - A local institution, the Federal Hotel has been owned and operated by the same family for decades. It offers a welcoming atmosphere, friendly locals, and excellent pub food. The perfect place to unwind after a long day of sightseeing. Address: 18 Throssell St, Collie WA 6225, Australia. Contact: (08) 9734 2040.
2. Colliefields Hotel - This iconic hotel features a restaurant and a bar that is fully equipped with various craft beers and wines. Address: 76 Throssell St, Collie WA 6225, Australia. Contact: (08) 9734 2555.
Tourists are encouraged to treat Collie and its inhabitants with respect and courtesy. Visitors should be aware of the local bylaws regarding littering, parking, and other environmental matters. It is best to stick to the designated trails so as not to disturb the local flora and fauna.
Collie Tourism Articles